Hey, I made this first person character controller while I was messing around with the engine and with the scripting API.
I've decided to share it here, so you have something that you can use to test your game. This controller doesn't account for slopes though.
Download available here.
Please note that this was made in Banshee v0.4!
How to setup?
1. Create a new scene object, and rename it to something reasonable like "Player".
2. Create another scene object as a child of the player object, rename it to "Head" and rotate it by 180 degrees on the Y axis. *
3. Create a new camera as a child of the head object. You will have to assign this camera to the "Character Camera" slot in the camera script.
4. Add a Character Controller component to the player object.
5. Add the Character Motor and Character Camera scripts to the player object.
* For some reason the camera renders backward, this object will only be used to flip it. You can also use this object to position the camera better.