Modern open source game engine

LobisomemGordo
Topic Author

I cant open my project(CrashReports)

Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi. I already did get crash reports before, but closing the editor and opening again resolve it.
Now I cant even open my project, it's crash always. I will post all the CrashReports that happen when I try to open my project.
Ps: I only can enter the editor itself when I create a new project

Banshee v0.4

there is any solution for this problem? thanks
Attachments
CrashReports.rar
(80.45 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

BearishSun
Banshee Developer

Re: I cant open my project(CrashReports)

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi. It seems something in your project got corrupted - most likely a prefab. Is there any chance you can .zip and send us your project folder so we can analyze further?

LobisomemGordo
Topic Author

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Yes, I copy the resource folder to the new project and I could open. But, when I try to open the Scene(that is a prefab) it's crash. And my SceneObject "Target" (that is a prefab) is messed up with the materials, its all black.

The old project must crash because when you load the project, its already load the last scene.

The project is in attachments
Attachments
TesteJogoCasa.rar
(63.47 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
Problem.PNG
Problem.PNG (93.18 KiB) Viewed 1902 times
Last edited by LobisomemGordo on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LobisomemGordo
Topic Author

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:24 pm

This is the log

pS: The "TANGENT0" warning always happen but was never a problem
Attachments
ProblemLog.PNG
ProblemLog.PNG (60 KiB) Viewed 1902 times

BearishSun
Banshee Developer

Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks, that's very helpful. I managed to track down the issue, there was a problem with duplicate ID assignment with prefabs, which confused the system. 

I uploaded a version of the binaries with the fix: http://bearishsun.thalassa.feralhosting ... v0.4p0.zip

Note that this won't fix your existing prefabs, but it should prevent the issue in the future. Make sure to delete all existing .prefab files as they're corrupt.

Also note I cannot guarantee that this was the issue that caused your problem because I don't have the exact set of steps you used when you created the scene, but I extensively analyzed your scene and it most likely was the culprit. However it's always nice to confirm, so if you decide to create a similar scene again let me know if it works.

LobisomemGordo
Topic Author

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:16 pm

BearishSun wrote:
Thanks, that's very helpful. I managed to track down the issue, there was a problem with duplicate ID assignment with prefabs, which confused the system. 

I uploaded a version of the binaries with the fix: http://bearishsun.thalassa.feralhosting ... v0.4p0.zip

Note that this won't fix your existing prefabs, but it should prevent the issue in the future. Make sure to delete all existing .prefab files as they're corrupt.

Also note I cannot guarantee that this was the issue that caused your problem because I don't have the exact set of steps you used when you created the scene, but I extensively analyzed your scene and it most likely was the culprit. However it's always nice to confirm, so if you decide to create a similar scene again let me know if it works.

Looks like its working fine right now. Thanks man.
The only problem I am getting now is that "Assertion Failed" error that closes the entire editor

BearishSun
Banshee Developer

Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:42 pm

If you check your post for that issue, there is another binary there. That one should fix both this issue, and the assertion.

Henrypiers

I cant open my projectCrashReports

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:20 pm

I cant open thumbnail pictures other members post. I dont know why and hope someone can help me as Im missing so many pictures of cats/kittens that I really want to see.